We are in the thick of tomato season! Enjoy tomatoes for every meal and try out this Tomato Tart recipe!
- 1, 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh, ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Brush bottom of the pie shell with the Dijon mustard. Place the tomatoes in the shell, overlapping.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, and salt and pepper and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until set.