- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 10 leaves Swiss chard, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the Swiss chard and garlic in the hot oil until the chard leaves have wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Process the basil, pecans, sea salt, Parmesan cheese, and remaining olive oil in a food processor until all the ingredients are well integrated. Add the Swiss chard mixture and the lemon juice to the food processor; continue chopping until the mixture is pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
Grab some chard from either Delta Sol or Jack’s Farmacy, and pecans from Jones Orchard. Serve with warm pasta- like orzo or linguine, a toasted baguette, or polenta.