- 1 large eggplant or 3 - 4 small - medium eggplant
- 4 large garlic cloves(or more... I don't think you can add too much garlic)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the eggplant with a fork and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until it collapses on itself. Slice it open to cool.
- If desired, remove the skin of the eggplant with your hands before adding the flesh to the blender. I like the skin so just drop the whole eggplant in the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add more water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- If you'd like, garnish with paprika, pine nuts, olive oil, and chopped basil or other herbs.