Mr Husband made this recipe last Summer, and having tasted the amazing sungold cherry tomatoes Josephine was selling last week, I can't wait to make it again! So here's what our family will be having post-market this week... Enjoy!
- 3/4 lbs Tubby Creek baby potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces sun gold (yum!) cherry tomatoes from Tubby Creek
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (oh yeah, Tubby's got those too :))
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano from Midtown Herbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 whole trout (about 9 ounces each), scaled, gutted, and cleaned 6 thin lemon slices
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss together potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Season with pepper. Arrange potatoes in a baking dish, overlapping them; top with tomatoes.
Roast until tomatoes are juicy and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
Rub fish with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, dividing evenly. Season inside and outside of fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; stuff with lemon slices. Arrange on top of potatoes, shifting tomatoes alongside. Roast until fish are cooked through, about 20 minutes; serve immediately.